Math 121 - Chapter 4 Study Guide
- Sketch the graph of the inverse of the function that is shown. Look at problem 4.1.9.
- Find a formula for the inverse of a function. Two parts. Look at problems 4.1.13-29
- Find the first derivative. Eight parts. Includes logarithmic, exponential, and inverse
- Find the derivative using logarithmic differentiation. Look at problems 4.4.35-46
- The graph of a function or its derivative is shown. Determine whether the function is one to
one. Three parts. Be sure you pay careful attention to whether it is f or f' that is graphed.
- Find the limits. Eight parts. Indeterminate forms as well as those that are often mistaken for
indeterminate forms. Look at problems 4.7.1-54.
- Find dy/dx by implicit differentiation. Two parts. Look at problems 4.3.11-20.
- Related rate problem. Look at problems 4.6.9-25. Any formulas from geometry that you need
are given on the exam.
- Where problems from the book are given, the actual problems on the exam may be similar or
identical to indicated problems.
- You may place the formulas for the derivatives of the inverse trigonometric functions on