Math 121 - Chapter 3 Study Guide
- For the accompanying position versus time graph, find the average velocity
over an interval, the places where the instantaneous velocity is zero, the
times at which the instantaneous velocity is a maximum or minimum, and
the instantaneous velocity at a specific time.
- Sketch the graph of the derivative of the function whose graph is shown.
- Match the graphs of the functions with the graphs of their derivatives. Five
- Find the differential dy.
- Use a local linear approximation to estimate the value given.
- Find the derivative of algebraic functions that do not require the use of the
chain rule. You need to know the power, product, and quotient rules. Four
- Find f'(x) for trigonometric functions. Three parts.
- Find f'(x) using the chain rule. Five parts.
- The values of f, f ', g, and g' are given in a table. Use the rules of derivatives
to find the derivatives as the specified point. Six parts.
- Use the limit definition of the derivative to find the derivative of the given
function. Also note that this is a problem where I will be grading work
more than the answer. Be sure you write the limit in every time until you
actually take the limit.
- Find a higher order derivative.
- Use implicit differentiation to find dy/dx.