Math 122 - Chapter 8 Study Guide
- Sketch the region enclosed by the curves and find its area. Look at problems 8.1.7-22
- Work application problem involving springs. Look at problems 8.6.4-7
- Sketch the region and find the volume of the solid that results when the region enclosed
by the given curves is rotated about the indicated axis. You're free to choose any of the
three methods (disk, washers, or cylindrical shells), but you must use each method at least
once. Identify which method you're using. Four parts. Look at problems 8.2.5-22, 8.3.5-16
- Find the exact arc length of the curve over the given interval. Look at problems 8.4.3-8.
- Find the exact arc length of the curve over the given interval without eliminating the
parameter. Look at problems 8.4.9-14
- Find the area of the surface generated by revolving the given curve about the indicated
axis. Look at problems 8.5.1-16
- Fluid force problem. Look at problems 8.7.3-8
- Find the derivative of the hyperbolic trigonometric functions. Two parts. Look at
- Evaluate the integrals involving hyperbolic trigonometric functions. Two parts. Look at
- Problems are similar to those in the text.
- You may place the formulas in theorem 8.8.4 on page 506 onto a notecard. You won't
need them for the exam, but you may place them on a note card.