Math 122 - Chapter 12 Study Guide
- Know the tests for symmetry for rectangular and polar coordinates. Six parts.
- Definitions: Know the definitions of the conic sections. Four parts.
- Convert polar coordinates into rectangular coordinates
- Know how the eccentricity determines the conic section Three parts.
- Transform the polar equation into rectangular coordinates
- Express the given rectangular equation in polar form
- Identify each conic section or degenerate case by inspection. Nine parts.
- Find dy/dx at the given point without eliminating the parameter.
- Sketch the curve in polar coordinates. Four parts
- Rewrite the conic section in rectangular coordinates.
- Calculate the arclength of a polar curve
- Find the area of the region described in polar form. Two parts.
- Sketch the ellipse and label the foci, vertices, and endpoints of the minor axis.
- Sketch the hyperbola, and label the vertices, foci, and asymptotes.
- There is a take home portion of the exam. The take home portion is worth 35 points and is due by
5:00 pm on Tuesday, December 4.
- Check here for more information on the Loran-C problem on the take home.
maps are also available.