Study Guide - Chapter 5
- Sketch the graph of the rational function. Three parts.
- Write a rational function which exhibits the characteristics given.
- Write the partial fraction decomposition of the expressions. Two parts. Look at odd problems
1 - 29 in section 5.2*.
- Identify the conic section or degenerate case. Choose from: circle, ellipse, hyperbola,
intersecting lines, line, no graph, parabola, parallel lines, and point. Each one will be used only
once, and there are no duplicates.
- Find the equation for the specified conic section. Three parts, one parabola, one ellipse, and
one hyperbola. Look at odd problems 13 - 17, 29 - 35, and 47 - 53 in section 5.4*.
- Sketch the graphs of the conic sections. Two parts. One is in standard form and the other is in