Study Guide - Chapter 7
All problems are directly from the odd problems listed. The in-class portion of the test will be
worth 65 points (5 points per question).
- Solve the system of equations anyway you want to. Seven parts. Look at problems 5 - 41 in
section 7.1 (3 parts), problems 1 - 29 in section 7.2 (3 parts), and problems 15 - 17 in section
7.3 (1 part).
- Find the least squares regression line passing through the given points. Look at problems 49 -
55 in section 7.2. Find the equation of the parabola passing through the given points. Look at
problems 27 - 29 in section 7.3. Set up the linear programming problem. Look at problems 33
- 39 in section 7.5. In each case the equation(s) you need to set up the system of equations is
given. All you need to here is set up the system of linear equations or linear inequalities. You
do not need to actually solve the system.
- Sketch the system of linear inequalities. Two parts. Look at problems 21 - 39 in section 7.4.
- Solve the 3x3 system of linear equations. Look at problems 1 - 13 in section 7.3.
The take home portion of the test will be worth 35 points. (5 points per question). The take
home portion will be due Thursday, November 9.