Math 116: Chapter 7 Study Guide
- Solve the system of equations anyway you want to. Seven parts. Look at problems 5 - 41 in
section 7.1 (3 parts), problems 1 - 29 in section 7.2 (3 parts), and problems 15 - 17 in section
7.3 (1 part).
- Find a system of linear equations with the given solutions. Two parts. Look at problems 59 -
60 in section 7.2 and 61 - 62 in section 7.3. These problems are not straight from the text.
- Sketch the system of linear inequalities. Two parts. Look at problems 21 - 39 in section 7.4.
- Solve the 3x3 system of linear equations. Look at problems 1 - 13 in section 7.3.
- Find the maximum and minimum values of a linear programming problem. The feasible
region is sketched and the corner points are identified. Look at problems 1 - 12 in section 7.5.
This problem is not directly from the text.
- Find a system of linear inequalities which bounds the shaded region. Look at problems 41 -
46 in section 7.4. This problem is not directly from the text. The equations of the curves are
identified, all you have to do is decide if it should be a <=, =, or >= to shade the proper
- All problems are directly from the odd problems listed unless otherwise stated.
- The in-class portion is worth 70 points.
- The take-home portion is worth 30 points.