Math 116: Chapter 4 Polynomial Quiz
This quiz is worth 20 points. The in-class portion of the exam is worth 80 points.
- You are to write the answers on the cover page and attach all work. Do not recopy your work
when trying possible rational zeros and include only those which work. I want to see all of the
numbers you tried.
- You may work in groups of up to three people. Each person in the group is to turn in an
- There are ten possible polynomial functions. Each group will have a different function
How many real or complex solutions will there be to f (x) = 0?
- List all possible combinations of the number of total, positive, negative, and complex
solutions to f (x) = 0.
- List all possible rational solutions to f (x) = 0.
- Find all real or complex solutions to f (x) = 0.
- Completely factor f (x) using linear real or complex factors.
- Completely factor f (x) using linear and irreducible quadratic real factors.
- Sketch the graph of y = f (x).
Consider the polynomial function f defined by:
- There is at least one non-integer rational answer.
- There are at least two non-rational answers.
- There is at least one repeated root.