Math 122: Study Guide, 7.1 - 7.5
There is a one-to-one correspondence between the study guide and questions on the test.
- Find the indicated limit. Three parts. Look at problems 7.1.51 - 7.1.52, 7.3.1 - 7.3.8*, 7.3.16
- Find the inverse of a function. Look at problems 7.4.15 - 7.4.29*.
- Evaluate the integral. Two parts. Look at problems 7.2.98 - 7.2.125* for one of the parts.
Read through the examples in section 7.2.
- Find the derivative on an inverse. Two parts. 7.4.30 - 7.4.36*.
- Find the derivative. Five parts. Look at problems 7.2.1 - 7.2.20* (2 parts), 7.2.64 - 7.2.79* (1
part), 7.2.80 - 7.2.83 (1 part), 7.2.86 - 7.2.91* (1 part).
- Consider the general logarithmic function. Know the restrictions on the base and argument
- Consider an exponential function. Identify the domain and range, and sketch a graph of the
- Consider a logarithmic function. Identify the domain and range, and sketch a graph of the
- *'d problems are directly from the text. Other problems are similar to, but not the same as,
problems from the text.
- No problems require the use of a graphing calculator, although you may use it to check your
graphs for problems 7 and 8.