Math 122: Study Guide, 7.7 - 8.2
- Solve the differential equation. Where convenient, express the solution explicitly as a
function of x. Three parts. Look at problems 7.7.1 - 7.7.18*
- Story problem involving inverse trigonometric functions. Look at problems 8.1.37 - 8.1.42*.
- Use your calculator to approximate the solutions. Give answers in radians to four decimal
places. Be on the lookout for solutions which lie outside the range of the inverse functions.
Look at problems 8.1.27 - 8.1.36. Three parts, two of the parts are from the text, one part is
- Differential Equation story problem. Look at the odd problems 7.7.27 - 7.7.45*.
- Find dy/dx. Three parts. Look at problems 8.2.1 - 8.2.13*.
- Evaluate the integral. Three parts. Look at problems 8.2.14 - 8.2.27*.
- Be sure you know how to change your calculator between degree mode and radian mode.
- Be sure you know how to convert decimal degrees between degrees, minutes, and seconds
- On questions 5 and 6, each of the three primary inverses (sin, tan, sec) is used. It might be in
the cofunction form, but you need to know all three derivatives.
- Make sure you know how to find and use the integrating factor for solving a non-separable
- There will be no note card allowed on this exam.