Math 121 - Chapter 3 Study Guide
- Sketch a position and velocity versus time curve based on the description given. Look at
- For the accompanying position versus time graph, find the average velocity over an interval,
the places where the instantaneous velocity is zero, the times at which the instantaneous
velocity is a maximum or minimum, and the instantaneous velocity at a specific time. Look at
- Match the graphs of the functions with the graphs of their derivatives. Five parts. Look at
- Use the limit definition of derivative to find dy/dx. Two parts. Look at problems 3.2.9-20.
- Find the derivative. Five parts. Look at problems 3.3.1-28*.
- Find f'(x) for trigonometric functions. Four parts. Look at problems 3.4.1-18*.
- Find f'(x) using the chain rule. Four parts. Look at problems 3.5.1-39*.
- Application problem involving differentials. Look at odd problems 3.6.45-59*.
- Find the indicated derivative. Two parts. Look at problems 3.3.41-44*, 3.4.35.
- Find the derivatives as the specified point. Five parts. Look at supplementary exercise 3.10.
- *'d problems are directly from the text.