Math 121 - Chapter 8 Study Guide
- Sketch the region enclosed by the curves and find its area. Two parts. Look at problems
- Sketch the region and find the volume of the solid that results when the region enclosed by the
given curves is rotated about the indicated axis. You're free to choose any of the three
methods (disk, washers, or cylindrical shells), but you must use each method at least once.
Identify which method you're using. Four parts. Look at problems 8.2.5-22*, 8.3.5-16*
- Find the exact arc length of the curve over the given interval. Look at problems 8.4.3-8*
- Find the exact arc length of the curve over the given interval without eliminating the
parameter. Look at problems 8.4.9-14*
- Find the area of the surface generated by revolving the given curve about the indicated axis.
Be sure you can numerically integrate using the calculator. Two parts. Look at problems
- Work application problem. Look at problems 8.6.8-15*
- Work application problem involving springs. Look at problems 8.6.4-7*
- Work-Energy problem. Look at problems 8.6.19-20*
- Fluid force problem. Look at problems 8.7.3-8
- *'d problems are directly from the text.