Correlation & Regression
- Coefficient of Determination
- The percent of the variation that can be explained by the regression equation
- A method used to determine if a relationship between variables exists
- Correlation Coefficient
- A statistic or parameter which measures the strength and direction of a relationship
between two variables
- Dependent Variable
- A variable in correlation or regression that can not be controlled, that is, it depends on
the independent variable.
- Independent Variable
- A variable in correlation or regression which can be controlled, that is, it is independent
of the other variable.
- Pearson Product Moment Correlation Coefficient
- A measure of the strength and direction of the linear relationship between two variables
- A method used to describe the relationship between two variables.
- Regression Line
- The best fit line.
- Scatter Plot
- An plot of the data values on a coordinate system. The independent variable is graphed
along the x-axis and the dependent variable along the y-axis
- Standard Error of the Estimate
- The standard deviation of the observed values about the predicted values
Table of contents