Stats: Hypothesis Testing Steps
Here are the steps to performing hypothesis testing
- Write the original claim and identify whether it is the null hypothesis or the alternative
- Write the null and alternative hypothesis. Use the alternative hypothesis to identify the type of
- Write down all information from the problem.
- Find the critical value using the tables
- Compute the test statistic
- Make a decision to reject or fail to reject the null hypothesis. A picture showing the critical
value and test statistic may be useful.
- Write the conclusion.
Table of Contents