Math 121 - Exam 1/2 Study Guide
- Evaluate the combination and composition of functions given in table form. Four parts. Look
at problem 1.4.53
- Express the function in piecewise form without using absolute
values. Look at problems 1.2.13-14
- Identify each function as odd, even, or neither. Two parts. Look at problem 1.4.69
- Identify the translation and the new domain and range for each function. Seven parts. Look at
the example in class from the left front board
- Find parametric equations for the curve. Look at problems 1.7.13-17*
- Simplify trigonometric functions. Six parts. Look at problem 1.6.35
- Given the sketch of a function, find limits. Six parts. Look at problems 2.1.1-12.
- Given the limits of three functions, find combinations of the limits. Five parts. Look at
- Find the dimensions of a solid that minimize the surface area. Look at problem 1.1.11. The
geometric formulas necessary are given on the test.
- Find the indicated limits. Twenty parts. Look at problems 2.2.5-50*, 2.2.57-60*, 2.5.13-35*
- *'d problems are directly from the textbook. If the problem is not *'d, then it is similar to, but
not identical to, a problem from the text.