Math 117 - Chapter 2 Study Guide
- Given a triangle, find the exact values of the six trigonometric functions for the specified angle.
Look at problems 2.1.1-6. Find the angle. Look at problems 2.1..55-66.
- Find the exact value of the trigonometric functions. Look at problems 2.1.13-20, 2.5.7-24. Six parts.
- Use your calculator to find the value of the trigonometric functions. Round your answers to four
decimal places. Look at problems 2.1.39-54, 2.5.25-42. Six parts.
- Find the angle in the interval given. Look at problems 2.3.99-106. Three parts.
- Find the exact acute angle, given the function value. Look at problems 2.1.67-72. Two parts.
- Solve each of the right triangles. Standard lettering has been used. Look at problems 2.2.7-16. Two
- Find the complement and the supplement of the angle. Look at problems 2.3.19-24. Also be able to
find complements and supplements in radian measure. Two parts.
- Given the value of one trigonometric function and the quadrant in which the terminal side of the
angle lies, find the values of the other five trigonometric functions. Look at problems 2.3.33-38.
- Convert degree measure into radian measure. Look at problems 2.4.17-24.
- Convert radian measure into degree measure. Look at problems 2.4.33-40.
- Find the arc length of a circle with the given central angle and radius. Look at problems 2.4.45-46.
- The given point lies on the unit circle. Give the coordinates of the point when it is reflected about
the x-axis, the y-axis, and the origin. Look at problems 2.5.1-2.
- Know the period of the six trigonometric functions.
- Know the sign of each of the six trigonometric functions in each of the quadrants.
- Given the linear velocity and radius or diameter, find the angular velocity of a point on a circle.
Look at problems 2.4.51, 56, example 2.4.11.
- Determine the amplitude, the period, and the phase shift of the function. Make a sketch without
using a grapher and then use a grapher to verify your graph. Look at problems 2.6.1-28. Three parts.
- None of the problems are directly from the text.
- The test was derived by looking at the chapter review and making problems similar to those
problems, so you may want to look at the chapter review first and then if you have problems with
those, go back to the problems given above as references.
Points for each problem