Week of January 16
- Thursday, January 19
- Internet introduction
Week of January 23
- Tuesday, January 24
- Video 3: Describing Distributions
Week of January 30
Week of February 6
- Tuesday, February 7
- Exam: Chapters 1&2. There is a Study
Video 15: What is Probability
- Thursday, Feburary 9
- Take home on chapter 2 due
Week of February 13
- Tuesday, February 14
- Lab exercises from chapter 2 due
- Thursday, February 16
- Video 17: Binomial Distributions
Week of February 20
- Thursday, February 23
- Exam: Chapters 3&4 There is a Study
Week of February 27
Week of March 6
- Tuesday, March 7
- Video 19: Confidence Intervals
Notebooks due: I will look at your collection of uses and abuses of statistics for the first half of the semester during the video and return them to you when the video is over.
Take home exam on chapter 6 assigned. The exam is to work the even
problems out of the Chapter 6 review. Nine problems, 2 points each. Exam
is due March 28.
Week of March 13
- Spring Break - No Classes
Week of March 20
- Thursday, March 23
- Exam: Chapters 5&6 A Study
Guide is available.
Video 20: Significance Tests
Introduction to Project
Week of March 27
- Tuesday, March 28
- Take home exam on chapter 6 due. The exam is to work the even problems
out of the Chapter 6 review. Nine problems, 2 points each.
- Hypothesis Test Experiment. We're actually going to conduct a mini-project tonight. We will state a claim, collect the data to test it, perform the hypothesis test, and come up with a conclusion. Your project will be similar, except you will also have to write a paper describing the process.
Week of April 3
- Tuesday, April 4
- Project proposal due
Week of April 10
- Tuesday, April 11
- Take home exam on Chapter 7 is due. Test is to do the even problems out
of the chapter 7 review. The chapter 8 take home exam will be to do the
even problems out of the chapter 8 review.
- Thursday, April 13
- No classes after 5:10 pm because of Easter break. Since our class meets
at 5:30 pm, it won't meet tonight.
Week of April 17
- Tuesday, April 18
- Finish chapter 8 and review for exam.
- Thursday, April 20
- Exam: Chapters 7&8 A study
guide is available.
Dice Simulation. We're going to conduct another hypothesis test. This time we will be testing to see if dice are fair by rolling a die 600 times (actually, we'll roll 100 dice six times).
Week of April 24
- Tuesday, April 25
- Video 9: Correlation
Project Rough Draft due
Week of May 1
- Tuesday, May 2
- Project Final Draft due
- Thursday, May 4
- Exam: Chapters 9&10 A study guide
Week of May 8
- Tuesday, May 9
- Project Presentations
- Thursday, May 11
- Project Presentations (if necessary)
Final Exam part I. This part of the final is comprehensive and
consists of roughly 50 multiple-choice, true-false, and matching questions.
You may not use your notes or work in groups on this part. A
Study Guide is available.
Notebooks due: I will look at your collection of uses and abuses of statistics for the first half of the semester while you're taking the first part of the final exam.
Week of May 15
- Tuesday, May 16
- Final Exam part II. 5:30 - 7:20 pm. This is a comprehensive
exam. For the first hour of the exam, you may use your notebooks. Your
notebook may consist of homework, old exams, and notes. For the last 50
minutes, you may either continue to work alone and use your notebooks, or
you may surrender your notebooks and work together with up to two other
people. A Study Guide is available.