Quiz 5 Study Guide
Problems are directly from indicated problems in the book.
- Eliminate the parameter t from a system of parametric equations. Look at problems 3 - 27 (odds) in section 10.1.
- Find the equation of the conic section in parametric form having the given characteristrics. Look at problems 39 - 45 in section 10.1.
- Find the first and second derivatives of a set of parametric equations. Look at problems 1 - 10 in section 10.2.
- Find the arclength of a parametric curve on a given interval. Look at problems 29 - 34 in section 10.2.
- Find the surface area of revolution of a parametric curve about one of the axes. Look at problems 43 - 48 in section 10.2.
- Convert polar coordinates into rectangular coordinates. Look at problems 1 - 6 in section 10.3.
- Convert the rectangular equation into polar form. Look at problems 11 - 18 in section 10.3.
- Find the derivative of a curve in polar form. Look at problems 39 - 42 in section 10.3.