Chapter 6 - Study Guide
Several of the problems require that you make sketches. There is a graph provided on the exam for the sketch. You may wish to use a different labeling system than 1 line is 1 unit. For example, if the region was only between 0 and 1, you may wish to use the entire graph for the region from 0 to 1 rather than having a very small region in the lower left.
Problems on the exam are very similar to problems listed as resource material. Some are exactly as they appear in the text.
- Find the area of the region between two curves. Sketch the region. Look at review problems 1 - 14.
- Find the arclength of a curve. Look at review problems 31 - 32.
- Find the surface area of a solid generated by revolution of a planar curve. Sketch the region. Look at review problems 33 - 34.
- Find the volume of the solid generated by the revolution of a planar region. Sketch the region. Four parts. Look at review problems 19 - 20.
- Find the work required to perform a task. Look at review problems 35 - 38.
- Find the fluid force on a vertical wall. Look at review problems 41 - 44.
- Find the centroid of a planar region. Sketch the region. Look at review problems 45 - 48.
- Find the center of gravity of a system of point masses. Look at probelms 7 - 10 in section 6.7.