Study Guide - Chapters 3 & 4
- Solve a system of linear equations graphically. Look at problems 3 - 17 in section 3.1*.
- Solve a system of linear equations using the substitution method. Look at problems 1 - 11 in
- Graph the solution to a system of linear inequalities. Look at problems 27 - 39 in section 3.1*.
- Solve a system of linear equations using the addition/elimination method. Look at problems 13
- 23 in section 3.2*.
- Simplify the expressions completely. Leave only positive exponents. Assume all bases
represent nonzero real numbers. Two parts - look at problems 45 - 53 in section 4.1*. Two
parts - look at problems 17 - 35 in section 4.2*.
- Convert a number from scientific notation to standard decimal form, and a number in standard
decimal form to scientific notation. Look at problems 41 - 50 in section 4.2* (may be evens).
- Evaluate a polynomial function. Look at problems 13 - 19 in section 4.3*.
- Solve a system of linear equations using Cramer's Rule. Look at problems 9 - 19 in section
- Perform the indicated addition or subtraction of polynomials. Two parts - look at problems 3 -
33 in section 4.4*.
- Find the indicated products. Three parts - look at problems 1 - 59 in section 4.5*.
- Perform the indicated division of polynomials. Two parts. One is a polynomial divided by a
monomial - look at problems 13 - 21 in section 4.6*, and one is a polynomial divided by a
polynomial - look at problems 25 - 39 in section 4.6*.
- Perform synthetic division. Look at problems 1 - 19 in section 4.7*.
- Use the remainder theorem and synthetic division to evaluate a function. Look at problems 21
- 29 in section 4.7*.
- Interpreting a graph. Look at the different problems throughout both chapters.
* - Problem is directly from the text. All problems from the book are odd unless otherwise noted