Math 113 - Calendar of Events
Week 1: January 15 - January 19
- Monday, January 15
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - College Closed
- Wednesday, January 17
- "20/20" video
Week 2: January 22 - January 26
- Monday, January 22
- Data Collection Lab
Week 3: January 29 - February 2
- Wednesday, January 31
- Exam 1: Chapters 1 & 2. A study guide is available.
Week 4: February 5 - February 9
Week 5: February 12 - February 16
- Monday, February 12
- Lincoln's Birthday - College Closed
Week 6: February 19 - February 23
- Monday, February 19
- Exam 2: Chapters 3 & 4. A study guide
is available. The only change from the earlier release is that the problems
which were starred as being directly from the text are no longer starred or
directly from the text. They are the same type of problem, though.
Week 7: February 26 - March 1
Week 8: March 4 - March 8
- Monday, March 4
- Project Introduction.
- Wednesday, March 6
- Exam 3: Chapters 5 & 6. A study guide is available.
- Friday, March 8
- Midterm Date. There is no midterm comprehensive exam in this class. This is just the
midterm date of the semester. If you have not been attending regularly and are failing,
you will be dropped administratively at this point. If you stop attending and are failing
after this point but do not drop, you will receive an "F" for the class.
Week 9: March 11 - March 15
- Spring Break - No Classes
Week 10: March 18 - March 22
- Monday, March 18
- Project proposal due.
Week 11: March 25 - March 29
- Monday, March 25
- Project demonstration. This will be an mini-project conducted by the class to illustrate
portions of what need to be done in the project. Be sure to show up this day.
Week 12: April 1 - April 5
- Friday, April 5
- Good Friday - College Closed
Week 13: April 8 - April 12
- Monday, April 8
- Easter Break - No Classes
Week 14: April 15 - April 19
- Monday, April 15
- Exam 4: Chapters 7 & 8. A study guide is available.
- Wednesday, April 17
- Dice Simulation. Another mini-project to determine if dice are "fair".
Week 15: April 22 - April 26
- Monday, April 22
- Project rough draft due.
Week 16: April 29 - May 3
- Monday, April 29
- Project final draft due.
- Wednesday, May 1
- Exam 5: Chapters 9 & 10. A study guide is available.
- Project presentations will begin after the exam.
Week 17: May 6 - May 10
- Monday, May 6
- Project Presentations
- Review for the final exam.
- Wednesday, May 8
- Final 1. A study guide is available. This is a one-hour comprehensive multiple
choice, true-false, definition type exam. There are no problems on the exam which
require numerical calculations.
- Project Presentations (if necessary)
Week 18: May 13 - May 17
- Monday, May 13
- Final 2. A study guide is available. This is a two-hour comphrensive exam which
contains the portions of the course which required calculations. You will be able to use
your notebook on this part of the exam. You will need the tables out of the back of
your book, so don't sell it back yet (I know all of you keep your math books anyway).
Portions of this exam may be worked in groups - we will discuss this option as the time