Study Guide - Chapters 1 & 2
Questions 7 - 9 may be worked with a partner.
- Provide the term best defined. 10 parts.
- Identify the level of measurement as nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio. 4 parts.
- Identify the type of sampling used as random, systematic, cluster, stratified, or convenience. 5
- Multiple choice: Know the characteristics of the sample mean.
- Multiple choice: Know the characteristics of the sample variance.
- Multiple choice: Know examples of abuses of statistics.
- Given the mean, median, range, variance, and standard deviation, find the new values after a
value is added to and multiplied by the data. 3 parts.
- Given data, create a frequency table. Find the mean and standard deviation of the grouped
data. Four parts.
- Given data, find the mean*, median, mode, midrange, standard deviation*, variance, a
percentile, and the range. 8 parts. * means the problem should be worked on your calculator.
This exam is worth 75 points. There is a take home exam to be done on Statdisk worth 25 points.