Study Guide - Chapter 7
All problems are directly from the odd problems listed unless otherwise stated.
- Solve the system of equations anyway you want to. Seven parts. Look at problems 5 - 41 in
section 7.1 (3 parts), problems 1 - 29 in section 7.2 (3 parts), and problems 15 - 17 in section
7.3 (1 part).
- Find a system of linear equations with the given solutions. Two parts. Look at problems 59 -
60 in section 7.2 and 61 - 62 in section 7.3. These problems are not straight from the text.
- Find the least squares regression line passing through the given points. Look at problems 49 -
55 in section 7.2. Find the equation of the parabola passing through the given points. Look at
problems 27 - 29 in section 7.3. Set up the linear programming problem. Look at problems 33
- 39 in section 7.5. In each case the equation(s) you need to set up the system of equations is
given. All you need to here is set up the system of linear equations or linear inequalities. You
do not need to actually solve the system.
- Sketch the system of linear inequalities. Two parts. Look at problems 21 - 39 in section 7.4.
- Solve the 3x3 system of linear equations. Look at problems 1 - 13 in section 7.3.
- Find the maximum and minimum values of a linear programming problem. The feasible region
is sketched and the corner points are identified. Look at problems 1 - 12 in section 7.5. This
problem is not directly from the text.
- Find a system of linear inequalities which bounds the shaded region. Look at problems 41 - 46
in section 7.4. This problem is not directly from the text. The equations of the curves are
identified, all you have to do is decide if it should be a <=, =, or >= to shade the proper