Math 190 - Exam 1-2 Study Guide
- Simplify the expression. Look at problems 1.2.71 - 1.2.87
- Rationalize the numerator. Look at problems 1.2.95 - 1.2.99.
- Find the domain of the function. Two parts. Look at problems 2.1.17 - 2.1.29.
- Find the rules for the composition of the functions: Two parts. Look at problems 2.2.25 -
2.2.29. One part is not from the text. Be careful to state restrictions when necessary.
- Find the indicated one-sided limits, if they exist. Three parts. Look at 2.5.21 - 2.5.41
- Find the indicated limits, if they exist. Eight parts. Look at 2.4.17 - 2.4.61, 2.4.73 - 2.4.79
- Find the slope of the tangent line to the graph at any point. Show Work. Two parts. Look at
2.6.9 - 2.6.15
- Find the values of x for which the function is continuous. Two parts. Look at 2.5.551 -
- All problems, except where indicated otherwise, are directly from odd problems in the