Math 190 - Chapters 7-8 Study Guide
- Evaluate each integral using integration by parts. Three parts. Look at problems 7.1.1 -
- Evaluate each improper integral if it converges. Three parts. Look at problems 7.4.15 -
- Show that the given function is a probability function on the specified interval. Look at
problems 7.5.1 - 7.5.7.
- Evaluate a multi-variate function. Look at problems 8.1.1 - 8.1.9.
- Find the domain of a multi-variate function. Two parts. Look at problems 8.1.11 - 8.1.18.
- Find the first partial derivatives of the function. Two parts. Look at problems 8.2.1 - 8.2.21.
- Find the second-order partial derivatives of the function. Look at problems 8.2.33 - 8.2.39.
- There is a take-home portion of the exam worth 50 points and an in-class portion of the exam
worth 50 points. The take home portion of the exam is due the day of the in-class portion of
- You may want to use technology to answer the take-home portion of the exam. You are
welcome to come into the room and use Derive when there are not classes going on. Please
shut down the machines when you are done with them. Derive is supposed to be available in
the computer lab (C239) also.