James Jones - General Information
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- C223 - located in the Occupational /
Technical Career Programs West office complex. (Formerly
known as the Industrial Technology and Mathematics division.)
- 217 875-7211, ext 490 (automated system)
- 217 875-7200, ext 490 (operator assisted)
- 217 875-6965, fax
- Web Address:
- Email Address:
- Office Hours:
- These are the times that I plan on being in my office. I am available other times,
and am willing to help students as long as I don't already have another
MON TUE WED THU FRI
----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------
12:00-12:50 12:00-12:50 12:00-12:50
4:30- 5:20 4:30- 5:20
- Teaching Schedule:
- I am in class during these times. All of my classes meet in S137. You might try to
catch me before, after, or between classes if you can't find me in my office. I
generally do not come back to my office between consecutive classes.
Time MON TUE WED THU FRI
----------- -------- -------- -------- -------- --------
10:00-10:50 Math 113 Math 113 Math 113 Math 113
11:00-11:50 Math 116 Math 116 Math 116 Math 116
5:30- 7:20 Math 113 Math 113
7:30- 9:20 Math 122 Math 122
- Education / Experience:
- I graduated Richland Community College with an A.S. degree with a Mathematics
concentration. I then went to Eastern Illinois University where I received a B.A. in
Mathematics with the Teacher Certification option. I joined the R.C.C. staff
immediately after receiving my B.A. as the Study Assistance Center Coordinator
and Adjunct Mathematics Faculty. I held both jobs for three years and continued
my education at Sangamon State University. I became a conditional full-time
Mathematics Instructor in August 1992 pending the completion of my Master's
degree. I received my M.A. in Mathematical Sciences from Sangamon State
University in May 1993. I received tenure at Richland in 1995. I received a
promotion to Assistant Professor of Mathematics in the Spring 1996 semester.
- I am a member of the Illinois Mathematics Association of Community
- I have the extra duty assignment as the Internet Systems Specialist for the College.
Among other things, this means I am responsible for keeping the Internet up and going at
- Height is 186.69 cm if I stand up straight, but call myself 185.42 cm since I never stand up
- Mass is about 83.01 kg, but I don't have scales to verify.
- Eye color is blue, when not red from lack of sleep.
- My temperament is melancholy with about equal parts of phlegmatic and
choleric, but very little sanguine.
- My Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is ISTP -
Introversion, Sensing, Thinking, Perception. Internally, I tend to be
- I like to play the piano. Actually, I would like to be able to play the
- I'm finally taking a vacation at the end of this semester. I'm going to
do one of those package vacation things where you spend a week in Florida
and the Bahamas. Unfortunately, although you can take up to four people,
you have to pay for at least two people, even if there's only one going.
So, if you know someone interested in a trip to the Bahamas, have them get
in contact with me.
- If you want to know anything else about me, feel free to ask. I may not
answer, but that shouldn't stop you from asking.