Math 122 - Chapter 10-11.3 Study Guide
- Solve the differential equation. Two parts. Look at problems 10.1.9-24*
- Solve the initial value differential equation. Look at problems 10.1.27-32*
- Match the differential equation with the direction field. Look at problem 10.2.9
- Newton's Law of Cooling problem used to find the time of death. The mathematical model is
given. Write the differential equation used to find the model. Find the time of death. Look
at problem 10.3.31.
- A logistics growth problem. Find the equation that models the given behavior. Find the time
before a certain level is reached. Look at problem 10.3.27.
- Radioactive decay problem. Write and solve the differential equation. Find the amount
remaining at a certain time. Look at problems 10.3.7-8, 12-14, and example 4 in section 10.3.
- Write the first five terms of the sequence, determine whether the sequence converges, and if
so, find its limit. Two parts. Look at problems 11.1.5-22*
- Find the general term of the sequence, starting with n=1, determine whether the sequence
converges, and if so, find its limit. Two parts. Look at problems 11.1.23-30*
- Use the difference of consecutive terms to show that a sequence is strictly montonic. Look at
- Use the ratio of consecutive terms to show that a sequence is strictly montonic. Look at
- Use differentiation to show that a sequence is strictly montonic. Look at problems 11.2.13-18*
- Determine whether the series converges, and if so, find its sum. Three parts. Look at
- *'d problems are directly from the text.