Final I: Study Guide
- Find a factorial, permutation, and combination. 3 parts.
- Use empirical probabilities to find the sample size.
- Given a sample space S with each event equally likely, find probabilities of certain events
happening. 5 parts.
- Find out how much money will be in a retirement fund upon retirement.
- List the requirements for a standard maximization and standard minimization problem. 2 parts.
- Solve a system of linear equations using Gauss-Jordan elimination. You may use the
calculator, but you must copy each matrix if you do.
- Add two matrices.
- Multiply two matrices.
- Find the inverse of a matrix.
- Find the determinant of a matrix.
- Find the payment on a retirement account.
- Complete the payoff table for a game so each event is equally likely. Create a probability
distribution and find the expected value of the game. Identify the game as fair or not. 4 parts.
- Solve a matrix equation for a variable.
- Read the answers to the dual (maximization) and primal (minimization) problem. Be cautious
of cleared columns which don't have a 1 for the non-cleared element. 2 parts.
- Find a joint probability distribution. Find some probabilities based on the table. 6 parts.
- Game problem.. Use the calculator.
- Leontief Input-Output model. Use the calculator.
This exam will be worked individually.
Last updated: Sunday, July 28, 1996 at 6:41 PM
Send comments to email@example.com.