James Jones - General Information
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- C223 - located in the Industrial Technology and Mathematics division.
- 875-7211, ext 490 (Richland's automated system)
- 875-7200, ext 490 (for those without a touch-tone phone)
- Office Hours:
- These are the times that I plan on being in my office. I am available other times,
and am willing to help students as long as I don't already have another
MON TUE WED THU FRI
----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------
12:00-12:50 12:00-12:50 12:00-12:50 12:00-12:50 by appoint.
- Teaching Schedule:
- I am in class during these times. All of my classes meet in S137. You might try to
catch me before, after, or between classes if you can't find me in my office. I
generally do not come back to my office between consecutive classes.
Time MON TUE WED THU FRI
----------- -------- -------- -------- -------- --------
10:00-11:50 Math 170 Math 170 Math 170 Math 170
10:00-11:50 Math 171 Math 171 Math 171 Math 171
- I graduated Richland Community College with an A.S. degree with a Mathematics
concentration. I then went to Eastern Illinois University where I received a B.A. in
Mathematics with the Teacher Certification option. I joined the R.C.C. staff
immediately after receiving my B.A. as the Study Assistance Center Coordinator
and Adjunct Mathematics Faculty. I held both jobs for three years and continued
my education at Sangamon State University. I became a conditional full-time
Mathematics Instructor in August 1992 pending the completion of my Master's
degree. I received my M.A. in Mathematical Sciences from Sangamon State
University in May 1993. I received tenure at Richland in 1995. I received a
promotion to Assistant Professor of Mathematics in the Spring 1996 semester
- I have the extra duty assignment as the Internet Systems Specialist for the College.
- I am helping with the planning and installation of the physical layer
of the College Wide Network with David Holtfreter, Paul Krekel, and the
Richland Maintenance Department.
- I serve on several committees.