We are not required to hold office hours during the summer term.
However, I will generally be available right after noon if anyone needs me.
- Teaching Schedule:
- I am in class during these times. All of my classes meet in S137. You might try to
catch me before, after, or between classes if you can't find me in my office. I
generally do not come back to my office between consecutive classes.
Time MON TUE WED THU FRI
----------- -------- -------- -------- -------- --------
8:00- 9:50 Math 160 Math 160 Math 160 Math 160
10:00-11:50 Math 113 Math 113 Math 113 Math 113
- Education / Experience:
- I graduated Richland Community College with an A.S. degree with a Mathematics
concentration. I then went to Eastern Illinois University where I received a B.A. in
Mathematics with the Teacher Certification option. I joined the R.C.C. staff
immediately after receiving my B.A. as the Study Assistance Center Coordinator
and Adjunct Mathematics Faculty. I held both jobs for three years and continued
my education at Sangamon State University. I became a conditional full-time
Mathematics Instructor in August 1992 pending the completion of my Master's
degree. I received my M.A. in Mathematical Sciences from Sangamon State
University in May 1993. I received tenure at Richland in 1995. I received a
promotion to Assistant Professor of Mathematics in the Spring 1996 semester.
- I am taking a course in statistical computing this summer at the
University of Illinois at Springfield.
- I am a member of the Illinois Mathematics Association of Community
- I have the extra duty assignment as the Internet Systems Specialist for the College.
Among other things, this means I am responsible for keeping the Internet up and going at
- Height is 186.69 cm if I stand up straight, but call myself 185.42 cm since I never stand up
- Mass is about 83.01 kg, but I don't have scales to verify.
- Eye color is blue, when not red from lack of sleep.
- My temperament is melancholy with about equal parts of phlegmatic and
choleric, but very little sanguine.
- My Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is ISTP -
Introversion, Sensing, Thinking, Perception. Internally, I tend to be
- I like to play the piano. Actually, I would like to be able to play the
- I'm back from my vacation to Florida and the Bahamas. I needed to get
away more than I thought I did. For all those interested in whether I had
fun or not, let me say that I had more fun than I thought I would. Of
course, when you go with the notion that you're not going to have any fun
whatsoever, things can only get better and you can never be disappointed.
- If you want to know anything else about me, feel free to ask. I may not
answer, but that shouldn't stop you from asking.