Math 113 - Introduction to Applied Statistics
- Calendar of Events
- Schedule of exams. Study guides for exams can be found here.
- Course Syllabus [PDF]
- Online version of course syllabus.
- Grade Sheet [PDF]
- Keep track of your scores
- Laboratory Exercises [PDF]
- Statdisk exercises.
- Minitab Project [PDF]
- Two projects incorporating Minitab. The first it to collect data about trees and the second is to collect data about Illinois cities.
- Mathematical Notation [PDF only]
- This is a sequence of five documents for you to create using your favorite
full-featured word processor. The object is to learn to use proper notation
and also learn some statistics along the way. There is an Acrobat PDF handout
detailing how to use the equation editor.
- Semester Project [PDF]
- Group project where you decide upon your own topic and perform some inferential
- TI-82 Programs and Instructions
- Instructions for using the TI-82 or TI-83 graphing calculator.
- Lecture Notes
- Online lecture notes for the course.
- Daily Calendar
- Complete calendar including activities, due dates, exams, and lecture schedule.
This document requires the Adobe Acrobat reader.
- Practice Exams
- Sample exams from the Spring 1999 semester. Current enrollment in the course
and a password is required to access this information.
- Classroom Activities
- Copies of the handouts, collected data, and other miscellaneous information
regarding the classroom activities. Current enrollment in the course and a
password is required to access this information.
- Links to Statistical Information
- Here is a brief listing of articles, lists, and other information I've found
on the web.
James Jones, Associate Professor of Mathematics