- QuestionPress is the classroom response system we'll use for the interactive questioning.
- WebAssign is an online homework, testing, and tutoring package that we will be using during the semester
- Calendar [PDF] of what section we're going to be covering each day in class as well as when exams are scheduled
- Technology Projects
- Mathematical software that is available for use by Richland students
- Skills needed for success in Calculus 1. If you don't have these
skills then please talk to the instructor about the best course of action or
additional resources to help bring yourself up to speed.
- Calculus Made Easy by S. P. Thompson. A free, public domain book from 1910 that has some of the simplest and most insightful explanations of calculus I've seen. For example, d means "a little bit of" goes a long way towards understanding calculus. Note: It was written over 100 years ago and in the United Kingdom, so some of the spelling and units are different, but that doesn't overly detract. Martin Gardner has an updated version (1998) available for sale that gets 4.3 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
- Information about the instructor, including office hours, education, interests, etc.