Math 113 - Calendar
Week of December 11
- Wednesday, December 13
- Final Exam part 2. A study guide is available. Part 2 of the final exam will be a
two-hour comprehensive exam from 8:00 am - 9:50 am. It will consist of the
computational problems. You will be able to use your notebooks for at least part of the
exam. The last part of the exam may be worked in groups. If you go into groups, you
surrender the use of your notebooks. This will be discussed in class as the time gets
Week of August 21
- Monday, August 21
- "20/20" video on where statistics come from.
- Thursday, August 24
- Data collection experiment to highlight different types of sampling.
Week of August 28
- Tuesday, August 29
- Against All Odds video 3: "Describing Distributions"
Week of September 4
- Monday, September 4
- Labor Day, College Closed
- Friday, September 8
- Go over lab results for chapter 2.
Week of September 11
- Monday, September 11
- Exam 1: Chapters 1 and 2. A study guide
- Tuesday, September 12
- Against All Odds video 15: "What is Probability?"
Week of September 18
- Thursday, September 21
- Against All Odds video 17: "Binomial Distributions"
Week of September 25
- Monday, September 25
- Go over lab results for chapters 3 and 4.
- Tuesday, September 26
- Exam 2: Chapters 3 and 4. A study guide
Week of October 2
- Thursday, October 5
- Against All Odds video 19: "Confidence Intervals"
Week of October 9
- Monday, October 9
- Columbus Day, No Classes
- Friday, October 13
- Go over lab results for chapters 5 and 6.
- Midterm date. There is no midterm exam in this class.
Week of October 16
- Monday, October 16
- Exam 3: Chapters 5 and 6. A study guide
- Tuesday, October 17
- Against All Odds video 20: "Significance Tests"
- Project: Introduction
Week of October 23
- Tuesday, October 24
- Hypothesis Test. This is designed as a mini-project. It is not a test in the normal sense.
Bring your friends today (check with Instructor first).
- Friday, October 27
- Project: Proposal Due.
Week of October 30
Week of November 6
- Monday, November 6
- Go over lab results for chapters 7 and 8.
- Tuesday, November 7
- Exam 4: Chapters 7 and 8. A study guide is available.
- Friday, November 10
- Veteran's Day, College Closed
Week of November 13
- Monday, November 13
- Dice Simulation. Another hypothesis test, designed to test the fairness of dice.
- Thursday, November 16
- Against All Odds video 9: "Correlation"
- Friday, November 17
- Project: Rough Draft Due.
Week of November 20
- Wednesday, November 22
- Thanksgiving Break, No Classes after 5:10 pm
- Thursday, November 23
- Thanksgiving, College Closed
- Friday, November 24
- Thanksgiving Break, College Closed
Week of November 27
- Monday, November 27
- Go over lab results for chapters 9 and 10.
- Tuesday, November 28
- Exam 5: Chapters 9 and 10. A study guide
- Project: Final Draft Due
Week of December 4
- Monday, December 4
- Project: Presentations
- Tuesday, December 5
- Project: Presentations if necessary.
- Thursday, December 7
- Go over lab results for chapter 11.
- Friday, December 8
- Final Exam part 1. A study guide is available. Part 1 of the final exam will be a
one-hour comprehensive exam during the regular class meeting. It will be multiple choice,
true-false, definition type answers. There will be no computational material on part 1.
- Last Day to Withdraw with a "W"